Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working accurately or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces can also create carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.