Preventing it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Completing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Calgary.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating correctly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with A1 Chesney Service Experts.