Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Doing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Calgary.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when operated correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with A1 Chesney Service Experts.