Your sump pump is one of those items you may not consider until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the experts at A1 Chesney Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Calgary home.
Sump pumps can fail for a number of different reasons and we’ve likely witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give A1 Chesney Service Experts a call to come and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with multiple preventive maintenance hints to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our experts will check your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any evidence of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is vital to take note there are several very basic things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at A1 Chesney Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 587-315-5271
or request an appointment online.