Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Calgary
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you count on it draining correctly so your Calgary basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can quit working for a couple of different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, call the Experts at A1 Chesney Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Insufficient maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Icy or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can lead the pump to not activate when called for.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and removes the water rapidly.
- During arid weather, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust A1 Chesney Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to protect your home from water damage, trust the specialists at A1 Chesney Service Experts to confirm yours is effective.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 587-315-5271 or request an appointment online.