Gas Line Repair from the Experts in Calgary

If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.

Signs of a gas leak could include the following:

  • The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
  • Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
  • Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
  • Residents of the home complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are thinking they are due to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.

There are cases where the utility company will repair a gas leak, but in most instances the homeowner is responsible. Luck for you, the team at A1 Chesney Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!


While there are a number of projects around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Calgary codes.

From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, A1 Chesney Service Experts’s expertise have allowed us to take on a number of gas line projects in the Calgary community, so no job is too big or too small for our specialists.

Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety

As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are on their way, call your utility company.

Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call A1 Chesney Service Experts to set up a gas line repair, installation or replacement.

Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have a scent and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
  • Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
  • Put in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks immediately.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.
Schedule an Appointment
gas line repair