Your HVAC equipment is essential to a sense of comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever stopped working on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure a constant supply of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to ask for tune-ups with A1 Chesney Service Experts, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Reveal smaller problems early: Issues with your home comfort system tend to progress gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to locate and resolve little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on early replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is working like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan allows access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
A1 Chesney Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local A1 Chesney Service Experts office today.