Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Calgary, you may be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, as well as the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. An updated air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from A1 Chesney Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any major imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your yearly energy costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on A1 Chesney Service Experts. We understand the expense of replacing your total system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 587-315-5271 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.