There are many gases that could be inside your Calgary home. Natural gas and fumes that come from home fixtures, flooring and paints. Not a one of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with A1 Chesney Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 587-315-5271 now to start protecting your home against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be a big deal, so it’s not a matter to joke about.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you aren’t able to view it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in small doses and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of spent fuel. It can leak into your house during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how big the leak is and the circulation in a residence, the gas may become fatal in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in clean air, it requires five hours to remove it from your system. It will take an additional five hours to reduce that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Mimic Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide can also cause symptoms that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no justification to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your residence safe:
- Each home with at least one natural gas furnace, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have an alarm on every level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
Call A1 Chesney Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 587-315-5271 to get one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide detector, consistently check or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor sounds, get out of your house without delay and dial 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Assistance from A1 Chesney Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your family can be safe from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call A1 Chesney Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 587-315-5271 to learn more.