Booking annual AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your air conditioning unit in Calgary operating at peak performance while keeping energy consumption down. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at A1 Chesney Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do by yourself as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big dose of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter weather near, it’s also a great idea to add AC upkeep on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your cooling equipment cleaned and inspected. Hesitating to switch it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule service or a new unit, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that can turn extremely unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh AC system will help provide the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner upkeep might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the best condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, as this can block airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call A1 Chesney Service Experts at 587-315-5271, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and weeds.
- Examining controls to double check your equipment is starting, operating and shutting off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need additional action, we are ready to offer you the most economical option. Finding likely troubles early may solve more substantial issues in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your unit is aging.
When you are seeking a modern cooling system, our Experts will assist you to choose the best equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to schedule your service? Call us at 587-315-5271 or schedule an appointment online now.