Booking annual AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning unit in Calgary operating at peak performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at A1 Chesney Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do by yourself as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a big dose of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier weather approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC upkeep on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling equipment cleaned and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to schedule service or installation, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that can turn extremely unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help provide the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner service might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the best condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could lower your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your system, since this can block airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call A1 Chesney Service Experts at 587-315-5271, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver secure comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to get rid of any blockage from dirt and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your unit is starting, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that need extra action, we are set to offer you the most cost-effective option. Finding likely troubles early could solve more substantial issues in the future. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is aging.
When you are looking for an updated AC system, our Experts will assist you to choose the ideal equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to schedule your service? Call us at 587-315-5271 or schedule an appointment online now.