Summer is normally a busy time of year for many folks in Calgary. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Calgary heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Calgary heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give A1 Chesney Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 587-315-5271 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Calgary heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Calgary temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.